Veneers can help brighten front teeth that have permanent
stains or discoloration and can’t be whitened. They may be used to
correct small gaps between the front teeth, teeth that are poorly
shaped or slightly crooked, or teeth that are chipped, worn or eroded.
If you have healthy teeth and gums, but are unhappy with the way your
smile looks, veneers might be right for you.
What Are Porcelain
Veneers are ultra-thin, custom-made porcelain
facings that the doctor affixes to your teeth in a simple, comfortable
procedure that requires just a few appointments. You can whiten your
teeth, close spaces, and create a great smile easily and affordably.
Veneers, which normally require a slight reduction of enamel, are
bonded to the tooth to assure a permanent fix. For decades dentists
have been using materials which can create a durable bond to tooth
enamel. The porcelain veneer technique utilizes these bonding materials
to securely attach a thin sheet of porcelain to a damaged tooth.
Although porcelain is inherently brittle, when it is firmly bonded to a
tooth, it becomes very strong and durable. Porcelain replaces the worn
or damaged tooth enamel, and the veneer is chemically bonded for
strength and durability. Porcelain veneers are aesthetically pleasing,
natural looking and durable.
Why Choose Veneers?
You can enjoy a perfect smile in as few as two
visits! If you already have relatively good dental health and simply
want to improve your appearance, veneers may be the best solution.
Typically made of porcelain, veneers are bonded to your teeth using a
technology polymer resin. The results are nothing short of amazing.
Since each veneer is individually sculpted to match each tooth, even an
experienced dentist will have to get very close to tell your perfect
smile isn’t inherited. You can expect your veneers to stay
bright and strong for many years simply by following standard good oral
The benefits of veneers
over other cosmetic dentistry options:
• They won’t discolor with age, as normal
• They require minimal modification to existing teeth
• Many teeth can be corrected at one time
• Veneers are handcrafted to fit your unique smile
• Veneers can make dark or stained teeth brighter
• Minor overlaps and small gaps disappear
• Porcelain veneers are highly resistant to chipping and fracture
• They look and feel just like normal teeth – you can’t tell the
• Veneers are super high quality porcelain, and are very stain resistant
• Also known as "instant orthodontics," veneers can actually help
strengthen existing teeth
• Porcelain veneers, because they are glass-like, are translucent. When
they are bonded onto a tooth's surface they mimic the light handling
characteristics of enamel. This translucency effect provides a sense of
depth, and thus a very life-like appearance.